Thanks to everyone who took part in today’s Sport Relief Tournament, it was a great afternoon with lots of competitive tennis! Well done to our winners and runners up, and thank you all for your support – between us we’ve smashed our fundraising target of £500 and reached over £900. And a big thank you to Claire, Jack and Peter for organising it – let’s hope it’s the first of many!
Join us for an Easter special at Club Night this evening from 6-8pm, with an American Doubles Tournament followed by mini Easter eggs (and drinks) in the bar! Coaches Emma and Peter will organise the tournament, which follows a fun mixed doubles format. There’ll be Easter egg prizes for the winners too. Everyone’s welcome, but please try to arrive for 6pm and stay til the end so that the tournament can run smoothly.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Join us for the first American Doubles Tournament of the new year on Sunday 31st January. Players of all abilities have a chance to compete with a number of different partners in a round robin format. It is also a great opportunity to bring along a friend. Everyone welcome! As a reminder, diagnosis the format of American Doubles is as follows:
- Mixed doubles play
- 7 rounds of 7 games are played
- Players have different partners each time, sick with winners playing with losers from previous rounds
- Tennis balls and score cards are provided
- Prizes are awarded at the end to the winners – best lady, illness best man, and the runners up
Don’t forget to sign up as a British Tennis Member if you haven’t already… it’s easy to sign up on the LTA website and the benefits include entry into the Wimbledon ballot and a monthly newsletter. Also, the more members who sign up, the more Wimbledon tickets will be allocated to the club. Visit the LTA website and click on Sign up today, then select Club Membership – Free – For All Ages and click on Join Today to sign up. Once you’ve entered all your details you’ll be able to link your membership to East Dorset Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club and opt into the Wimbledon ballot.
Monday and Wednesday evening club sessions have become very well attended and it is great to see club members enjoying the sessions. To help things run smoothly, malady please be aware of the following points:
- Club evening sessions have priority on ALL courts except when there is a match or coaching.
- Members are reminded that court etiquette should be followed, i.e. players should pass balls back to the server and should not walk behind the courts when play is in progress.
- Players are expected to provide their own balls unless a coach decides otherwise.
- Tokens are provided for these sessions from 6pm. Coaches will be given these for Monday and Wednesday. A committee member is responsible for providing them on a Saturday.
- Unfortunately, there will be some matches on a Wednesday. These were arranged at a time when this club evening was poorly attended! We cannot change these but when the summer fixtures are arranged, we will avoid using Wednesdays. Emma will be informed as to when these matches are.
Want to be part of The Championships next year? Let us know. As a member of East Dorset Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, you get free British Tennis Membership, which includes entry into our BTM Wimbledon Ballot draw. All you need to do is be an affiliated BTM linked to this Club and have opted in on your profile on the LTA Website. Any club member of any age can join free as an Affiliated BTM. To join as a new British Tennis Member please follow this link http://www.lta.org.uk/member and then click on Join In under Club Membership Free, and fill in your details and register. To be eligible for the draw you have to be 9 years or older. The number of tickets we get as a Club depends on the number of British Tennis Members linked to our club who have opted in on the LTA Website by 19th February 2016. Once you’ve registered as a BTM, opting in is simple, you just need to log in to your account on the LTA website: www2.lta.org.uk/login and click opt in. If you are having problems opting in please call the LTA on 020 8487 7000 and they will opt you in. EDLTCC Ballot Administrator Mark Hamann email@example.com
Now we’re in November we’re all going to need to use the floodlights more when we play tennis in the evenings.Â However, please be aware of restrictions that mean the floodlightsÂ should not be on after 10.30pm. Also, if at any time you leave the courts before the lights go off automatically, please help us to save electricity (and money) by pressing the HOLD button as explained in the instructions below: This means that the lights can then be reactivated next time they are used.Â These instructions are also displayed by the token meters in each hut.Â Thank you!
Come and join us at our Tennis Open Day on Sunday 28 June – all standards and ages welcome! East Dorset Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club, recipe Salterns Road, Poole, Dorset BH14 8BL, UK