Monday and Wednesday evening club sessions have become very well attended and it is great to see club members enjoying the sessions. To help things run smoothly, malady
please be aware of the following points:
- Club evening sessions have priority on ALL courts except when there is a match or coaching.
- Members are reminded that court etiquette should be followed, i.e. players should pass balls back to the server and should not walk behind the courts when play is in progress.
- Players are expected to provide their own balls unless a coach decides otherwise.
- Tokens are provided for these sessions from 6pm. Coaches will be given these for Monday and Wednesday. A committee member is responsible for providing them on a Saturday.
- Unfortunately, there will be some matches on a Wednesday. These were arranged at a time when this club evening was poorly attended! We cannot change these but when the summer fixtures are arranged, we will avoid using Wednesdays. Emma will be informed as to when these matches are.
Want to be part of The Championships next year? Let us know.
As a member of East Dorset Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, you get free British Tennis Membership, which includes entry into our BTM Wimbledon Ballot draw. All you need to do is be an affiliated BTM linked to this Club and have opted in on your profile on the LTA Website.
Any club member of any age can join free as an Affiliated BTM. To join as a new British Tennis Member please follow this link http://www.lta.org.uk/member
and then click on Join In under Club Membership Free, and fill in your details and register.
To be eligible for the draw you have to be 9 years or older.
The number of tickets we get as a Club depends on the number of British Tennis Members linked to our club who have opted in on the LTA Website by 19th February 2016.
Once you’ve registered as a BTM, opting in is simple, you just need to log in to your account on the LTA website: www2.lta.org.uk/login
and click opt in.
If you are having problems opting in please call the LTA on 020 8487 7000
and they will opt you in.
EDLTCC Ballot Administrator
This yearâ€™s event was attended by over 2700 people and raised a record Â£9.7K for Club funds.
Thanks go to our sponsor, ask
Frost & Co, view
and suppliers of the other attractions, health
Castlemania, Dorset Pizzetta, Face painters Amy and Anita, and Sam FM.
Also, to St Johns Ambulance for medical cover and Skyburst for supplying the superb fireworks.
However the biggest thanks must go to the 57 volunteers listed below that enabled this event to happen by performing the numerous tasks required before, during and after the day.
Thank you and please continue to support the events at your Club.
Keith Hosking, Chairman
Come along to the Clubhouse for our annual Tea and Christmas Carols sing-along at 3.30pm, complete with orchestral accompaniment.
Please bring your children and friends and also a plate of food for tea and a prize for the raffle if possible..
We’ll also have a Christmas raffle (donations for the raffle are needed so please bring something if you can).
Join us for our annual Fireworks Night Extravaganza on Saturday 7th November, gates open at 5pm, the bonfire’s lit at 6pm and the fireworks start at 7.15pm.
Other attractions include:
- Music and fun activities by Sam FM
- Food by Dorset Pizzetta
- Bouncy castle and inflatable obstacle course
- Fairground stalls
- Face painting
- Chocolate fountain
- Glow in the dark novelties
- Outside bars
Take a look atÂ our Fireworks Night poster
Â for more details.
The Dorset Open Golf Croquet Championship
took place at East Dorset this weekend.
Congratulations to 17 year old Sam Parkin for completing a 12 hour tennis marathon at the club on Sunday to raise money for Tearfund.
The clubhouse rocked to ukele music on Saturday 13 June as renowned local trio Mother Ukers performed live.
Come and join us at our Tennis Open Day on Sunday 28 June – all standards and ages welcome!
East Dorset Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club, recipe
Salterns Road, Poole, Dorset BH14 8BL, UK